Thursday, February 26, 2009
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
I have started a new doll. Her name is Nerissa and she is guiding me with ideas for how she wants to look. : ) She is all pink and she is going to be a wild mermaid when she is done. I am trying new techniques on this doll and I think you will like the way she looks. I actually drew the pattern for this doll myself and sewed her. It was a simple mermaid pattern that the embellishments are going to make her awesome. Pictures will follow, eventually.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
I finished the starfish last night. Her name is Stella (Latin for starlike). I fringed the entire seam with 4 mm cubes and miracle beads. The fringe alone took 16 feet of Fireline. The fringe was done to tie the front and back color themes to each other. The top was lime green and turquoise and the bottom was purple and turquoise. Therefore the fringe was lime green miracle beads, purple miracle beads, turquoise cubes and those were all topped with a bright lime green seed bead.